Who We Are
Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc. originated as the result of a purchase of Petticoat Contracting, Inc., a twenty-year-old civil contracting firm located in Jacksonville, Florida. Petticoat-Schmitt, created as a separate entity under new ownership, acquired the assets and retained the capable employees of Petticoat Contracting, thereby providing continuity for the talented staff and a retirement opportunity for the principal of Petticoat Contracting, Inc. The collective experience of Petticoat Contracting, Inc., and Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc., dates back to 1987.
Petticoat-Schmitt is pre-qualified with the Florida Department of Transportation, the Georgia Department of Transportation, the City of Jacksonville, JEA and numerous cities and counties in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia.
In addition to having LEED-Accredited Professional management on staff, Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc., is a:
- Florida State Certified General Contractor
- Florida State Certified Underground Utility and Excavation Contractor
- Florida Licensed Class 5-Fire Main Contractor
- Licensed Georgia Utility Manager
- HUD Section 3 business concern
Ryan M. Schmitt – President and Owner
Ryan Schmitt founded Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc., in 2007 with substantial experience in the civil contracting industry. Schmitt has more than twenty years in the civil contracting industry with more than fifteen years experience as a senior manager. Schmitt has experience in leading contracting organizations with more than 300 employees and has also served as president for numerous industry associations. His commitment to the company, its employees, industry and community are fundamental to his leadership philosophy.
- Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), University of North Florida – 1998
- Bachelor of Construction Technology, University of North Florida – 1993, Summa Cum Laude
- Bachelor of Arts, Criminal Justice, University of Florida – 1989
INDUSTRY ASSOCIATIONS/PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- NUCA – National Utility Contractors Association, Chairman 2011-2012, 2012-2013
- UUCF – Underground Utility Contractors Association of Florida, President 2005-2007
- NUCA of North Florida, President 2001-2002
- UNF – University of North Florida Construction Management Program, Advisory Council Member
Clyde Cross – Vice President and Senior Project Manager
Clyde Cross has more than twenty years in the civil contracting industry. His expertise includes project management, estimating, scheduling, job costing, and construction management. Cross was with Petticoat Contracting for ten years prior to joining Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc. Prior to his role with Petticoat, Cross gained experience while working for large civil construction companies. Cross is responsible for all contract administration duties of Petticoat-Schmitt Civil Contractors, Inc.